Sunday, April 8, 2012


"It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together."
— Alexander McQueen

Caroline showing her stuff for the NC4K Prom Expo in a Joan's Bridal Couture Gown
Welcome to my blog…I am new to this so please bear with me. 

Fashion is something that I have had a passion for my entire life.  I can still remember as a young child picking out fabrics so my Mama could make my clothing for me.  I was anything but “conventional” in my desired attire.  I wanted belted shirts, leggings, neon colors, and sparkle!!!  My Mama knew she was about to create a monster when I wanted her to make me bright colored M.C. Hammer pants at the young age of six.  From that point on she knew she had given birth to a girl who would love trends, style, and fashion…not always a cheap hobby…but a fun one nonetheless. 

This blog is a new venture for me, as blogging is not something I ever felt I could keep up with.  I would never have thought to start blogging about fashion if it weren’t for a school project, but as I thought about it…I am surrounded by it!  I have many friends who are talented clothing designers, custom shoe designers, hair dressers, custom accessory designers, models, and I myself have worked with makeup artistry.  So I have decided that I want to devote this new venture to showing the world how proud I am of the fashion world that surrounds me whether it is a designer, a company, a person, or an event. 
These are two of my fave models I have ever done make up for...too much fun!

Throughout my 28 years I have managed to meet some fantastic people that I am honored to introduce you to.  These people truly are artists and have a style that is completely unique and all their own.  The passion and dedication that is required for this business is phenomenal.  The vision that goes into making a truly original garment is unrivaled.  I only hope that I can introduce you to some of the most amazing people I have found in the fashion industry that are unique and exquisite in their own individual ways. 

NC4K Prom Expo Photoshoot - Gowns by Joan's Bridal Couture, Hair Jana Boeshart, Makeup was done by Me :) and photographer was Julie with Kent Smith Photography
As some read this they may wonder, “Why do I need to know this person?  Why does it matter?”  Truthfully, whether you realize it or not, your clothing…style…image…is an outward expression that tells the world who you are.  We wear the clothing that we want people to associate us with.  The girl who walks with her high heels, designer purse, and big sunglasses is not wearing that clothing to leave any question of where she belongs.  She either belongs to an upper class society or wants you to think that she does.  The “indie” rocker chick who passes you on the street with gauges in her ears and three colors of hair wants to stick out…she does not want to blend in with the crowd.  These are conscious decisions we all make each and every day to show society where we belong…or at least where we desire to belong. 
“Dressing is a way of life.” – Yves St. Laurent 

4 comments:

  1. So, those of us that just dress to be comfortable, where do we belong? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina,

      Even those who dress to be "comfortable" want people to see that as a part of their personality. It is an outward portrayal that you are laid back, low maintenance, and are not impressed by flashy possessions. Even in a hoodie, jeans, and flip-flops there is still a niche we fall into, or an impression that is made :)

      Delete
  2. If you would have said to me 12 months ago that I was going to find a blog about fashion and I was going to read it I would have probably laughed at you and some goofy comment. But.... last term I took on the Nordstrom company as a topic of focus as it was out of my comfort zone for one of my classes. During that time I learned a lot about luxury fashion and the fashion world. I am still not "stylish" and have no fashion or design sense what-so-ever but I have found the topic to be much more interesting and I can see your blog being a resource for my interest moving forward. - Thank you
    (If you choose to continue writing this after the class feel free to send me an email through school)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I appreciate your feedback. I would like to continue blogging, it actually is a nice outlet. Fashion is something I just have always been interested in. I think a lot of it came from when I was little we did not have much money so I would watch my Mama sew so many of her clothes and going to the fabric store with her was always so exciting for me. I only wish I would have learned how to sew...but I have no patience to learn it now.

      Delete