Friday, May 4, 2012



Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain






My last two posts have been about two fabulous female designers I have been so honored to know, but now I would like to introduce you into the world of men's styling.

 Men’s fashion is typically a topic that not many people like to tackle for the skeptics are many, and acceptance can be slim.  However, when you have the right topic…it is a no brainer!  ZZ Top put it so eloquently in their lyrics…“every girl crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man.”

While working at Astor & Black I have had the pleasure of getting to know this sharp dressed man.  He is the man…the myth…the legend…Angel Ramos.  Some of you may know of him…some of you may not, but after this post I hope to leave you wanting to know more. 

If I told you that a real estate agent suggested that you wear a high peak lapel, an un-even tie, or a pair of camo print slippers you would most likely think I had lost my mind.  But I assure you, this isn’t your typical real estate agent.  His love for fashion and style is something that is innate and has always lay within him.  In 2010, he was the winner of Esquire’s Best Dressed Real Man, after this honor the job offers poured in for him.  He found himself drawn to Astor & Black.  Since taking his position with the company, he has been able to not only continue to style himself a cut above the rest (no pun intended…well maybe just a little), but now he can share his tips with others.

I don't design clothes. I design dreams.
Ralph Lauren


Angel has a style for himself that is unique and completely unexpected.  It combines a sleek elegance with an avant garde trend, a style that not just anyone can pull off.  While his own style is impeccable on its own, his creations for his clients are amazing.  Angel takes the time to understand his client, their personality, and their lifestyle to give them the look they are aiming for and will be comfortable with.  The amazing part about Angel is his ability to help you find your inner trend-setter.  When you are around this man you can’t help but want to step up your game, even if it is just with a splash of color or a pair of tortoise shell thick rimmed glasses. 

If there is anything that can be said about Angel is that he truly is an enigma.  Growing up in New York, with the style of a Miami man, but the heart and welcome nature of the friendly Midwest it is no wonder why he manages to attract so many different clients.  If Yves St Laurent was correct, if fashion really does fade…and if style really is eternal…then Angel Ramos is…immortal. 

If you would like to learn more about Angel check out The Ramos Report - http://ramosreport.tumblr.com/

The difference between style and fashion is quality.
Giorgio Armani

3 comments:

  1. I always find it interesting when learning about men's fashion. I am a huge fan of Project Runway and always enjoy the week when the designers have the men's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found it to be one of the most remarkable things. I always likes looking at it, I mean who doesn't love a well dressed man...but never took the time to learn it. There is so much that goes into men's fashion. It is absolutely insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a great post on your blog because it was something I can relate to. I live in a Colorado ski town where people express themselves on the slopes and in the bars and nightlife with fashion. I don't really consider myself a fashion trend setter but I enjoy looking good while skiing in addition to hanging out with friends. I've always liked the quote "If you look good, you'll feel good". And I've found this to be exceptionally true. I'll definitely take a look at his website!

    ReplyDelete